Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A new year...or close enough.

Last week I started a new school year at Ole Miss... sadly, it is also my last as I'm finishing up on my B.S.W. (Well last for this degree). As I'm scrambling around the first week, attempting to get my feet on the ground, it hit me how real this is. We dream of when we go to college (well, a lot do). We dream of having a career. But when your looking your future right in the eyes... your chest feels a little tighter. How did I get here? When did this happen? It was just yesterday I was running from my brothers in the yard... now I'm nearing having a degree and nearing having to make a decision on my future. But it isn't just my future. Its the future of my family, my husband and son. We say there isn't a rush to these things, but who are we kidding? I have till December (a lot less time than I thought) to start the application process (and all the tests I take) to get into law school. Wait! I'm not even finished on my bachelors yet... Can't I focus on that first and then move onto the next step? Nope, many times the journey's overlap. This is the part that makes my chest constrict. Makes my breathing labored. Can I do this? Where is my confidence? Why am I second guessing my abilities? Is this what I want to do? But, its the things that are most unfamiliar to us that scare us the most. So I'll let my persistence and stubbornness lead me through the times where my confidence is waining... where the fear and uncertainty of my future threatens to overtake me. And at the end of the day, no matter what happens, I'll know that everything is going to workout... some way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment